What’s not in the formula is just as important as what is. We provide full ingredient lists for complete transparency on all our formulas, and encourage you to check ingredient lists for each product. Our haircare essentials are free from the following ingredients;
- Artificial colours: all the colours you see are from the herbs, extracts & oils themselves
- Artificial fragrances/phthalates: we only use natural essential oils, so you know exactly what you are putting on your hair and skin and not a cocktail of unknown ingredients
- Sulfates/SLES: we use natural cold-process soap in combination with mild solubilisers/detergents to gently cleanse & lift dirt from your scalp and hair without irritation. This helps your scalp stay balanced, so no more oiliness or dry/flaky periods.
- Mineral/petroleum derived oils/jellies: we use plant oils due to their ability to provide nourishment, antioxidants & vitamins to the scalp and not build up on the scalp or hair.
- No paraben preservatives- the paraben group of preservatives are still currently under review by scientists as to whether they are directly linked to causing breast cancer. We therefore do not use them.
- No Silicones – these group of ingredients can feel great on your hair initially and can help protect hair against frizz in humidity but they have a tendency to buildup in your hair and scalp causing dull, brittle hair over the long term.